Mudsters of the Universe is a Brisbane based blog aimed
at raising Cyclocross interest in South East Queensland

Monday, March 5, 2012

Upgraded Crux

Finally got a bit of free time today so I decided to get in and upgrade the Crux to 10 speed. New parts list include: 

105 (5700) Shifters, rear & front derailleurs
FSA wing compact bars
FSA energy cranks 36/46
11-28 105 cassette & new chain
Avid shorty ultimates - holy crap these are good!
Crank brother SL eggbeaters
Chain catcher


I left a fair bit of overhang on the brake cable so I can trim them once the A23's go on.


I also took off the cross top levers - I hope I don't go to grab for them at the wrong time. 


Next on the list is the A23's wheelset. Just waiting for all the parts to arrive and I will start building.

What's happening to the old bits? Gravel grinder, that's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment